On the wedding reception catering scene, chef action stations are one of the hottest trends to hit in the past decade.
Elegant plated dinners and casual buffets still have their place, but today’s party guests want a little excitement with their meal – and chef-attended food stations never disappoint.
Why Chef Action Stations Are Ideal for a Wedding Reception
Incorporating chef-attended food stations into your wedding reception catering package can create a better experience for your guests. They’re a popular choice, as they offer several benefits:
- Interaction with the chefs – Guests are entertained as they watch the chefs and can also chat with the chef about the food as its being prepared.
- Flexible eating time – Not every guest is ready to eat as soon as they get to the reception. With food stations, guests can decide when to have their meal.
- Made-to-order meals – Guests have input over the composition of the dish and can have their food exactly the way they like it.
- Facilitate mingling – Guests move around and mingle more, which makes the reception more fun.
Popular Wedding Reception Chef-Attended Action Stations
For catered receptions, chef-attended food stations can provide for a wide range of tastes. Some of the more popular selections include:
- Street tacos featuring chicken, pork, beef and/or fish along with a variety of toppings
- Baked potato bar offering fun add-ons like bacon, cheese, chili and onions
- Flambéed crepes filled with custards, fresh berries and whipped cream
- Carved beef sandwich bar, with assorted breads, toppings and au jus for dipping
Customized Action Stations to Fit Any Catered Reception
If you have another idea for a chef-attended food station, professional caterers can usually provide exactly what you would like. Chefs can create just about any type of food station, featuring cuisine from anywhere in the world.
For inspiration, consider the following uniquely fun stations that offer interesting, not-often-eaten foods:
- Mexican street corn
- Jerk pork tenderloin
- Beef bourguignon
- Vietnamese pho
- New England lobster rolls
- Hand-rolled sushi
- German pork schnitzel
Are you ready to explore your options for wedding reception catering? If you’re getting married in Utah and are interested in chef action stations, Brown Brothers Catering can meet your needs.
At Brown Brothers Catering, we offer completely customizable chef-attended food stations. Our chefs are highly-skilled at executing all types of cuisine and can design any type of action station you want for your reception.
Brown Brothers Catering is known for providing amazing catered food, and we’ve been a leading Salt Lake City area professional caterer for more than ten years. To learn more about our chef action stations and wedding reception catering services, contact our Provo, Utah, office today.